Saturday, February 7, 2015

Not Getting Sick.


     Influenza epidemic in the North Country!!  We've seen lots of cases at work, and this week the kids brought a note home from school reminding people to keep their kids home if they have flu symptoms.

     Normally in the first few weeks of school the kids drag home colds and we all get infected. We dodged the bullet this year and everyone has been shockingly healthy.

     I know now that I've put that out in the universe Karma will smack us down. 

     Anyway, over the years I've come up with a bag of tricks to keep us healthy. I diffuse Shield and other essential oils. 


      We take Airborne at the first sign of a snuffly nose or tickle in the throat.

      We eat a lot of citrus fruit to make sure we get our vitamin C.


      I keep the himalayan salt lamp on. 

  
  I've started making homemade yogurt with as many strains of probiotics as I can manage. 


     We sometimes add Elderberry syrup and honey. Yum.



     When we need to use the big guns we take a tablespoon of homemade fire cider a couple of times a day and/or Oregano oil.



     I also make roller bottles of essential oils and slather everyone down when we spend a lot of time in public or anytime I think they could use a little immune boost. 


    What tricks to you use to keep your family healthy? 


Addendum: As of this week we have one casualty of illness...I'm pretty sure Lauren has influenza. She had a sore throat for a couple of days and then Thursday had to stay home with a high fever, headache, sore throat, and generalized body aches. Friday was a little better, and by Saturday she has a sore throat and a little cough. We used the methods above and had a very short lived illness, and no one else in the house has gotten sick. Yet.





No comments:

Post a Comment